Pages

October 12, 2010

prayer


315edit, originally uploaded by beag1e94.

Well, I am home from my retreat with my youth group. It was a lot of fun, very relaxing and I learned a lot.
The focus was prayer, so every morning and evening we spent forty minutes to an hour just praying. It was really cool.
I feel like I really got a better idea of how to pray through it all.
And then the funniest thing happened to me this morning. I was sitting around, quietly having a conversation with God, when I got distracted by a splinter in my toe that’s been festering there for a couple days. I hadn’t been able to get it out, though I hadn’t put a whole lot of effort into it until then. I jokingly told God, “ugh, this splinter is so annoying. Will you help me get it out? I really don’t feel like going to all the effort of getting a safety pin.” and wouldn’t you know it, right after I prayed that the splinter popped right out.
I don’t want to over spiritualize things and be all superstitious about the splinter coming out, but that small thing impacted me. God really is listening. And he really does care about my little toes.

Technique Tuesday:
Photographing with flour.
I came across this on photojojo, which sent me on a voyage of clicking through flickr photos and groups on photographing flour.
It can look like smoke, or a ghost, or add motion… or… lots of other stuff. Perfect for this time of year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me about yourself. what do you think about this post? what's going on in your life? what cool things have you run across lately? what'd you eat for lunch???

...I want to get to know you. :)