Pages

January 6, 2011

black and white


bottle, originally uploaded by beag1e94.

Dear my darling stranger,
sometimes I wish life was as simple as these photos I took the other day. I know that'd get terribly boring, but good gracious. Eventually, all the complexities of life explode in your face and right and wrong isn't straightforward, black and white, yes or no.

wineglass

you grow up a bit, realize things aren't as simple as you hoped they were when you were little, and move along through life.

I see other people's lives and I think to myself, what have they been through? Everyone's had something awful happen to them at some point. Big or small, it changes them. It leaves a print on their life. It's up to them to decide what to nurture in themselves, bitterness or wisdom.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I know all too well what you mean. Those blurry lines. Life is messy.
    Today as I was cleaning the grout in my kitchen, those three words just
    popped out of my mouth - aloud - and no one was in the room but me.
    I tire more so these days from the 'messiness' of life. And I don't mean
    the grit and grim of house cleaning. (even though that's no fun either)

    Life is terribly messing. Relationships. Friendships. Moms. Pops. Grand
    parents and so much more. There are times that I find myself wondering
    WHAT IS THE POINT OF ALL THIS???? Do you do that? Do you ask yourself
    WHY BOTHER?

    Even though I know the answer to that question, I still ask and shake my
    head with frustration. I could be a very bitter person!!!!! It takes
    personal time with God NOT to be a bitter person. And even then I
    struggle. BIG TIME.

    So what's confusing you these days? Oftentimes it helps to vent. I know for
    me it does. I tend to keep things in fo ra LONGGGG time and then I just burst.
    Not the best plan.

    Hang in there -- I've got a great listening ear, if you need to vent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are awesome!

    it's been a while since i visited here. in fact, i did not even know you moved to blogger. now i do. i've enjoyed reading through some of your posts and watching you on a journey of thought... and of course, enjoyed the photos as well!

    i thought i might do more cloud 9 posts, so i went to find my old one, and that is how i once again saw your link.

    glad i stopped by. i hope you've been well.

    ReplyDelete

tell me about yourself. what do you think about this post? what's going on in your life? what cool things have you run across lately? what'd you eat for lunch???

...I want to get to know you. :)