Pages

November 27, 2010

The $1 can of spray paint


spray painted t-shirt, originally uploaded by beag1e94.

This is another shirt I did with a $1 can of spray paint and an image from the web that I monkeyed with a little bit and defined enough to use as a stencil. Tada!

time for another letter to my dear anonymous!

Dear Anonymous,
happy Thanksgiving! I hope it was wonderful for you.
about the cooking school: It's a book by Martha Stewart. Excellent, I definitely suggest checking it out to any level chef.
I've never done one of those placemats... but I may try it out soon! Who cares if it's elementary school stuff, I can still pretend I'm a kid in elementary school and have loads of fun ironing leaves between waxed paper! Back then I always told myself that when I was big enough to weild the iron or gluegun or whatever all by myself I'd make stuff all day and do all kinds of beautiful things. Or like when I was little, I'd see a toy or something that I liked and tell myself that I'd buy it when I was older and had a job and lots of money. But then interests change and we never get back to it. *sigh* I still buy myself a little doodad nothing toy once in a blue moon... almost like a homage to little kid-ness. And to entertain myself. Haha.
Anyway. I'm rambling. My life has just been busy with get-togethers, working at camp, spending weekends with friends... lots of fun :)
I do like my parents. We hang out a lot. They are not only my parents but also my dear friends. I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think your creations are fantastical! They would indeed sell. I love the one with the bird/crow on the grey shirt/dress -- totally cool. Where do you come up with these creations?

    Your tree is beautiful. We have yet to put ours up - maybe today. It always is a real frasier fir -- funny how once it is in the house, I can no longer smell it. What is up with that? I like your white lights too.

    So what's on your Christmas list for this year? Do you give a list to your parents/family? For me it gets harder and harder to come up with something for my family. Afterall, we are all so blessed with more than we could imagine. Stuff, stuff and more stuff....why do we need so much stuff? And then once we bring the "stuff" home, we have to care for the stuff, maintain the stuff...clean the stuff...repeat... Christmas seems to have lost its purpose/meaning, I think...

    December 1st is "Random Act of Kindness Day", so I'm told. Have you ever done a random act of kindness for someone? Isn't it fun? Fun to see their suprrise, fun to see how God can use even little ole me to do something for someone....I want more times like that. Opportunities are everywhere -- right before our eyes -- yet oftentimes in my busyness, I don't see them. I need to work harder on that. On looking and listening to the needs around me.

    I've been meaning to ask about your boyfriend. How is that relationship going? Where do you see him? Church? School? Work? Does he love Jesus? Would love to know more.

    I must depart for now. Thank you for responding. I am so rarely on the computer, but I do get around to reading your blogs. I find them inspiring and encouraging. Your parents must be proud !!

    Glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving, despite the "ill feeling" of overeating - ha! Now on to Christmas - celebrating the birth of Jesus - if only I could go back to that day and experience it firsthand...

    Toodles dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

tell me about yourself. what do you think about this post? what's going on in your life? what cool things have you run across lately? what'd you eat for lunch???

...I want to get to know you. :)