Pages

November 19, 2010

reading between the lines


13, originally uploaded by beag1e94.

Ok. I try not to rant on this blog.

But I've noticed a trend among bloggers which I find terribly irritating at times. Maybe you've noticed it too.

What I've discovered is that many bloggers seem to overromanticize their lives on occasion, making us all jealous of their perfect lives and perfect days. If you don't know what I'm talking about, maybe this will help:

What you read:
Had the most wonderful thunderstorm today! I plunked down on my porch and watched, and despite getting soaked through and through it was so worth it. I love a good thunderstorm.

The real story:
I was trying to enjoy a nice sunny afternoon reading today, but as my luck would have it I got a thunderstorm. I nearly got struck by lightening, a book I spent too much on got soaked and ruined, and I got soaked as well. I am now battling a monstrous cold, but I'm still trying to sound happy because that's what readers want.

(I'm totally making these examples up, by the way)

I realize all y'all blog readers don't want to read a blog of despair. I'm guilty of sugarcoating a bit too. But cmon, people. Let's talk about real life, here.

*steps off of soapbox*

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me about yourself. what do you think about this post? what's going on in your life? what cool things have you run across lately? what'd you eat for lunch???

...I want to get to know you. :)