Pages

December 5, 2010

Salt & Light


Salt & Light, originally uploaded by beag1e94.

1 - I had coffee pretty much every day for about two or three weeks... I wasn't terribly addicted to the caffiene, but I was still going through the classic withdrawal symptoms. My new technique? Willpower, Ibuprofen, and Hot Chocolate to help with the need for a hot beverage in this chilly weather. If you suck it up and resign yourself to feeling like crap for a few days, you're good as new just like that! Nifty Nifty Nifty.

2 - speaking of hot cocoa... I think I will try making some from scratch sometime this week using this recipe.

3 - Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg is a lovely song, especially this time of year.

4 - also check out Naturally 7's Tennebaum and Pachelbel Canon in D... AMAZINGNESS!!!!

5 - Did you know that in ghost prisons they will sometimes repeatedly play Metallica, the Meow Mix song, and the Barney song to "torture" terrorists into talking? which brings me to another little soapbox... if you listen to the How Stuff Works podcast on ghost prisons, US "torture" methods aren't really torture at all. sure, it's certainly not pleasant to go through, but compared to what other countries do? we let folks off pretty easy. and my definition of torture is when you have no choice but to go through it. there is always a way out for these guys... all they have to do is talk and it's over. *steps off of soapbox*

6 - check out this guy's art!

7 - salt & light. the picture is my photographic take on it :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on #5 -- about torturing prisoners for information. George Bush's new book admits to waterboarding - and the media is screaming bloody murder. Lord have mercy! I'm so sick of the media -- the liberal media, of course -- 9/11 was so huge and yet we've forgotten what happened. Bush did what was necessary to gain information on terrorists and yet what he did was MILD compared to what third world countries do -

    I ask people this question: If your child was murdered or abducted, what would YOU do to get the correct information? Many people don't want to answer that question because so many would actually kill for it -- when it gets personal, it gets real. It's so easy to point the finger at our former President - who had the balls to do SOMETHING about it --

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect your strategy and willpower in kicking the coffee habit. Those things can be tough to defeat.

    ReplyDelete

tell me about yourself. what do you think about this post? what's going on in your life? what cool things have you run across lately? what'd you eat for lunch???

...I want to get to know you. :)